FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reliable Program for Large content DVDs

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Casillas
on Mar 16, 2010 at 9:40:38 pm

I've read several threads regarding which program is the "best" or at least which ones to consider, however, for my dilemma, i have to consider which program is the most reliable for making DVDs with 4 to 5.5 hours of content and many menus.

Currently, I'm using Encore CS3 and am experiencing waaay to many bugs. For example, my transcodes are constantly being untranscoded and i seem to get "Out of Memory" a lot, among several others.

Am I pushing Encore too hard? My boss is asking me to price other options but I'm not sure if other programs are the answer or if i need to find some workarounds. I'd like to go with DVD Studio Pro but we are PC based and going mac is not an option the Higher Ups want to do. that would be too much money to change to apple. Also, Scenarist is out of the question.

My workflow:
Render Content to AVIs(DV24p) from Prem Pro
Render Motion Menus to AVIs (DV24p) from After Effects
Import all assets, some as timelines, some as menus.
Import some still submenus (about 10-15 PSDs).
Assemble the pieces.
Transcode within Encore.
Burn DVD. sometimes, burn DLT

Any feedback is appreciated.

Jason Casillas

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: liable Program for Large content DVDs
on Mar 16, 2010 at 10:55:52 pm

The authoring tool has nothing to do with quality. Its the encoder that is key here. Cinemacraft is what I will always use. You don't like the quality in Encore? Is that the question?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: liable Program for Large content DVDs
on Mar 16, 2010 at 11:06:02 pm

Sorry! Misread the post.
Encore is a hunk of poop. I say this after using every authoring tool ever made.
Try Cinemacraft lowend encoder (under 100 dollars) and DVD lab pro (under 300) and lets us hear your thoughts! A slight learning curve but that makes life worthwhile!

Return to posts index

Jason Casillas
on Mar 17, 2010 at 3:18:45 pm

thanks Eric. I will look into that.

What do you think of the Adobe Media Encoder? is that a hunk of poop as well? i was thinking of encoding first in there and importing those into Encore... or it just may be into DVD Lab Pro.

Jason Casillas

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Reliable Program for Large content DVDs
on Mar 17, 2010 at 5:04:22 pm

After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash, Acrobat - Everything else is poop! LOL

Return to posts index

Jason Casillas
on Mar 17, 2010 at 6:46:49 pm

Hey Eric,

i looked into the Cinemacraft encoder and could only find one for $995. was your "$100" a typo? do you have a link? i'd appreciate it.

Jason Casillas

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 18, 2010 at 6:40:02 am

http://www.cinemacraft.com/ja/index.html

There are tons of other encoders too. Most have free trials. I suggest you spend this week trying them all and seeing which was you like withing your budget:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-encoders-mpg-dvd

Return to posts index

Jason Casillas
on Mar 18, 2010 at 3:27:28 pm

Thanks Again!

Jason Casillas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]