FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mouseover not working in my layered menus

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Maverick
Mouseover not working in my layered menus
on Mar 16, 2010 at 12:17:29 pm

I've just finished creating a project in DVDSP4 in which I have created a set of layered buttons for each of my menus (which was no small achievement I can tell you!) so that a curved icon appears underneath each menu heading when it is selected. When I simulate the project in DVDSP the DVD plays exactly as I expected, with a mouse over resulting in the curved icon appearing underneath each header and then disappearing correctly when I move to the next button/heading.

However, when I author the DVD and play it on a MAC/PC, the mouseover no longer works. I have to click each heading to select it (and make the layered curved icon appear) and then click again to load that content or sub-menu.

I've been playing around with the settings but, as it appears fine in simulator, the only way to check is to keep burning discs, but with no joy. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Mouseover not working in my layered menus
on Mar 16, 2010 at 4:50:23 pm

Think about it--- does a DVD player have a mouse pointer? No which is why mouseover type designs in DVD don't work. Do yourself a favor and read up on the single highlight layer method in your manual. That is the preferred method of DVD creation and how pretty much any Hollywood DVD menu you'll look at is designed.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]