FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray Settings

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Weiner
Blu-Ray Settings
on Mar 10, 2010 at 2:47:27 pm

I am moving towards authoring Blu-Ray Discs, and was curious what some good settings to use compressing videos are? I know that the image sizes are limited, and am more concerned about encoding the clips themselves. Are there certain settings that are better than others? I am unsure, for instance what multiplexing setting to use, what bitrate to use (i.e. -- 22 mbps?), what level to use (i.e. -- 4.0 or 4.1?), etc.

I'm just trying to get enough info so that I can make the best possible BD-R.

I know that the source video is all 1080P 24 fps XDCam 1920x1080.

Thanks!

-Mike

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Blu-Ray Settings
on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:25:37 pm

In which application?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Mike Weiner
on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:33:49 pm

Once I figure out how to get it out of Avid (Long GOP issues) I'm taking the QT Ref (I hope) into Adobe Media Encoder and then into Adobe Encore. If I do that, what settings should I use?

Is there a better way to do it?

I have a post in the Encore Forum too, but this was a more general question of what settings to use: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/145/867761

THANKS!

-Mike

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 10, 2010 at 5:05:49 pm

Use the built-in presets for Blu-ray and take it from there.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]