FORUMS: list search recent posts

Random sticking menu problem (DSP)

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Southern
Random sticking menu problem (DSP)
on Feb 24, 2010 at 2:45:00 pm

Hi,

I've authored a dvd using DVD Studio Pro(4.2) which contains about 40 minutes of video and a number of slides. Instead of a standard slideshow the client wanted to be able to click 'next' and 'back' buttons on screen so I created a series of menus, 45 in total, with the appropriate slide as the background and added next and back buttons to them using the highlight overlay method.

What I'm finding is that on some players the menus will stick when you get to slide 17 specifically, and on others it's fine. For instance, it sticks and hangs in DVD Player on the mac but runs fine in VLC on the mac. In a different mac it runs ok in DVD Player but on a PC it stuck again.

I've recreated the slide in question though I could find nothing wrong with it. One other point, it runs smoothly in simulation mode in DSP, no hangs.

Can anyone shed any light on why this might be happening?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Random sticking menu problem (DSP)
on Feb 24, 2010 at 7:45:42 pm

without seeing the project there is not much a person can tell from your description.

BUT, I don't know how you are accomplishing what you stated as what the client wants. Next and back buttons are for video chapters not menus. Menu buttons use the navigation arrows and enter not next and back.

Return to posts index

Keith Southern
on Feb 25, 2010 at 9:07:53 am

Thanks for the reply.

The next and back buttons are graphics on screen, not the buttons on the remote control, I should have made that clearer. A good percentage of the users of this dvd will likely be viewing it on a laptop rather than tv and the client felt (rightly or wrongly) that it was important that there was a button or link on screen for them to highlight and click.

What I'm wondering is, is it possible that different playback devices would interpret the disc contents in differing manners that would lead to the hang up. Is it a case of one disc does all or can errors appear on only certain platforms? That is assuming of course that there is nothing wrong with the disc.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 26, 2010 at 10:01:29 pm

I would fine it odd that it would stick on a curtain menu if it was just a player problem. Is the problem always 17? If it is you need to look for something that is different with that file, even redoing it and bring it back in.

Return to posts index

Keith Southern
on Mar 1, 2010 at 9:43:40 am

I ended up just rebuilding the presentation and it works fine now. I couldn't find anything different about that slide though it does make sense that that's where the problem should lie. Sorted now anyways, thanks for the replies.

Keith.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Mar 7, 2010 at 6:56:10 am

could some of the slides on the old project have been set to pause?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]