FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bluray RE dual layer burning

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darin Maves
Bluray RE dual layer burning
on Feb 19, 2010 at 5:40:31 pm

My project size is just over 36g and was created in Vegas Pro 9 and DVD Architect 5. I have just installed a Pioneer 205 dual layer bluray burner in my PC.
When previewing and navigating through the project in DVDa on my PC, all the links work just fine and I have no error reports when it comes time to render.
After a successful burn of the DVDa created .iso to a Sony 50 g BD RE DL, I pop it in my Panasonic DMP-BD60 bluray machine to view it on my TV and discover that I can only watch part of the video and I cannot access any of the menus other than the main (first) menu. So navigation is hosed and I can only play about 30 minutes of the 3 hours of video before it freezes. Tried the disc in a different bluray player (Samsung) with exact same results, including the freeze point.

Since this is my first attempt burning a rewriteable dual layer 50g bluray disc, my question is twofold:

1. Is my problem simply a matter of the consumer electronic bluray players not being able to handle playing a BD RE DL disc?
2. Assuming #1 is true, will burning to a BD-R DL make any difference or will I just create a $10 coaster?

Any advice would be appreciated. My fallback position is to simply split the project in half and burn it to 2 BD-R single layer.

It is frustrating after investing in a dual layer bluray burner to discover that my machines won't play the disc. I expect it is something I am overlooking or just plain ignorance.

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
Re: Bluray RE dual layer burning
on Feb 19, 2010 at 9:40:07 pm

[Darin Maves] "After a successful burn of the DVDa created .iso to a Sony 50 g BD RE DL"
HOW?

Return to posts index

Darin Maves
on Feb 19, 2010 at 9:46:12 pm

using DVD architect. Perhaps I don't understand your question. DVD architect renders the project as an .iso file then burns to bluray. I have a bluray burner that can burn 50g BD-RE DL and I used a Sony BD-RE DL disc.
The problem is playback, as I explained above.
?

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
on Feb 20, 2010 at 10:47:23 am

Try to burn folders, NOT .iso file.
and use ImgBurn for burning

Return to posts index

Darin Maves
on Feb 20, 2010 at 4:41:56 pm

I wonder how to do that?

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
on Feb 20, 2010 at 6:34:03 pm

http://imgburn.com/

1. mode->build
2. drag files to imgburn's windows
3. click "burn"

Return to posts index

Darin Maves
on Feb 21, 2010 at 12:56:10 am

I ended up using Nero Burning Rom and successfully burned the .iso image to a Sony 50g BD-RE dual layer and it plays fine on both my bluray players.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]