FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to make a standard looping DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Lounsberry
how to make a standard looping DVD
on Feb 19, 2010 at 5:06:28 pm

Hi - I have a client who has hired me to make him a quick 3D video of a few of his construction sites (approx 60sec). I've rendered the frames out of max at 24fps at 720p - then comped and color corrected in After Effects. At the end of the day I have a nice uncompressed MOV that compress out in varying formats (wmv, flv, etc.).

He now wants me to burn that file to a standard DVD so that he can mail it to his constuction trailer for them to use in their standard DVD player (hooked up to a flat panel TV of some sort). He want the disk to just start playing and keep looping till they eject it.

I have CS3 Master Collection so I pulled my MOV into Premiere and scaled it down to fit on a wide aspect NTSC project. Then went to FILE --EXPORT TO ENCORE. I selected "use no menu's" and checked the box for "loop" and that all seems to work fine but the quality seems to suck. I went into the "settings" and tried to make a higher quality compression but I don't really know what I'm doing. I picked the "NTSC Wide Aspect High Quality" preset and it still looks crappy. Their is wierd "waves" passing through it and the whole scene looks washed out. Not to mention the compression artifacting.

Am I going about this all wrong? Is there a better way to do this? If I am on the right track, are there some specific settings I can adjust to increase the quality?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]