FORUMS: list search recent posts

Professional/Broadcast DVD Deck

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Green
Professional/Broadcast DVD Deck
on Feb 19, 2010 at 4:01:14 pm

I am looking for a professional grade DVD player for broadcast. I work at a small government cable station. Our current DVD players are taking a crap. They are TASCAM DV-D6500. The WORST decks I have ever experienced. I am looking for a deck that has machine control, BNC-RCA-XLR INs and OUTs. The only other deck I know of that can do this is the Pioneer PRV-LX1 DVD Recorder, which I love and have used before. Unfortunately, we don't need an internal hard drive, or recording capabilities, and these are options you pay for, meaning we don't have the budget for it. I am looking for the mostly the same functions, though.

What do you all use, or recommend? I can't seem to find anything outside the consumer/prosumer realm. And please, NO COMMENTS about "Why are you using DVD for broadcast, blah blah."

Thanks.

KennethGreen.net
Redefining Fine Art to Fine Wine.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Professional/Broadcast DVD Deck
on Feb 20, 2010 at 9:48:24 pm

Professional always equals expensive, the Pioneer is the only player in that game. Don't they the not used features add too much to the price of the deck. the V8000 is about a grand US.

Return to posts index

Ken Green
on Feb 20, 2010 at 10:15:17 pm

Yeah, but that specific Pioneer is $4000-$5000, with a few of that thousand in features we will never use. $1000 is MUCH better, it falls in our budget.

KennethGreen.net

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 20, 2010 at 10:28:41 pm

check out B&H that deck is only $1K. Don't think it has XLR but that is no big deal to get XLR-to-RCA adapters.

Return to posts index

Ken Green
on Feb 20, 2010 at 10:31:53 pm

Yeah I did a google search, and that's where I found it. I really appreciate it! This is pretty much what I was looking for.

KennethGreen.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]