FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD SPRO dual layer break point marker - DESPERATE ANSWER NEEDED

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Barnett
DVD SPRO dual layer break point marker - DESPERATE ANSWER NEEDED
on Feb 19, 2010 at 12:10:02 am

Hi All

I have a DVD I need to burn tomorrow Friday 19th Feb as I have a director on a flight to LA Saturday to take the DVD to the client...

PROBLEM:

I am getting an error which seems to be common, 'no suitable markers in the correct area to use as a break marker' that kind of error... however the rest of the problem I have not seen in any forum...

I am burning a Dual layer disk with two tracks, the first is 40 mins and the second is 1hr 20 mins. they have markers spaced relatively evenly throughout the chapters of the film every 10 - 20 mins or so when I build the disk in my break point drop down menu in the disk volume tab I get the option to do it automatic or all of my chapter markers are available to use, none of them are greyed out, not even the ones right at the beginning of the film... this is the bit I dont understand, I have the option to choose all of the markers yet when I do none of them work???

I also get an error that says, track 1 is too large. now I have read that layer 1 has to be mostly full before it can switch to layer two, however track one is the 40min one and the error says it is too large??? so how can this be??? it cant be too large as it is way less than half way... the crazy thing is I have burned this disk about 4 times before until i noticed there was a large 1.5 min clip of black at the end of track 1... I had to remove this as it was a mistake on the film, so i also had to remove a chapter marker that marked the end of track 1... since i removed this marker I have the problem... however i cant put it back as is would now be less than 4 seconds between it and the begining marker of track 2, which is also a compiler error...

Please does anyone know how to solve this problem... I need to put in a suitable chapter marker, but I dont know where as all the markers that are already there seem to be useable until I try and use them and they don't work

please please help ASAP I am desperate!!!!

thank you

Chris

Quad Core intel power mac 4 gig RAM - Snow Leopard - Latest FCP studio and DVD SP.

Chris Barnett
http://www.micro-film.org
http://www.youtube.com/chrismicrofilm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]