FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning to dvd - big file, small dvd, TS Audio TS Video...

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barney Batchelor
Burning to dvd - big file, small dvd, TS Audio TS Video...
on Feb 17, 2010 at 12:38:45 am

Hi guys,

I've burnt a 21gb 40 minute multicam dvd of a live band for a job I've done. I thought it would cause problems due to a 21gb file going on a 4.7gb dvd although iDvd seems to have done it (obviously compressing it, but the quality is fine).

The problem I'm posed with now is the following - having managed to burn it to dvd via a mac using final cut pro then idvd it still comes up as video TS/audio TS folders on the mac I burnt it off. I put it on my ps3 and it worked. I have a windows PC too, and I imagine it will be the same folders and unplayable on that. I'll check tomorrow morning. Does anybody know how to burn off this 21gb file from FCP to iDVD then to a 4.7gb dvd as a DVD which plays on all DVD players including computers, macs and other media players?

Let me know if anybody can help!!

Thanks,

Barney.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Burning to dvd - big file, small dvd, TS Audio TS Video...
on Feb 17, 2010 at 2:20:30 am

Huuh? Forget about the 21GB video stuff- MPEG-2 video on a DVD is compressed at a much higher rate so that it fits onto a DVD-R. Check into your manual a bit more carefully for iDVD and you'll understand the process a bit more. As for why it doesn't play on PCs- that's most likely an issue with their configuration not your disc.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

Barney Batchelor
on Feb 17, 2010 at 11:03:58 am

Hi Noah, thanks for your answer. It played on my ps3 fine, came up as folders on the mac, and was damaged on my PC - it's frame rate was hugely slow and the audio seemed to be in super slow motion too...any ideas?

B

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 18, 2010 at 4:40:07 am

Check to make sure the PC is running a decent DVD player app- most of them are outdated and sucky in Windoze. :)

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]