FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video format for Top Secret Computers

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Roehl
Video format for Top Secret Computers
on Feb 14, 2010 at 7:17:11 am

I currently work for SAIC making video demos.

My questions is this

Which format encoder compression capsule player whould I make my demos in (I dont know all the technical terms for all the aspects of video)

I need a universal player that can play on a windows XP computer assuming that no one has installed any players on it.

Heres why. The demos I make are burned to DVDs and played in highly protected government buildings, on computers that are mainly used by business men, some of whom dont even have quicktime or flash installed on their computer. Also these business men cant install anything on their computer as they are not allowed to and or cant.

So basically I need to deliver my demos in a format that can be played on a computer with a fresh install of Windows XP

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Joe Mantaratz
Re: Video format for Top Secret Computers
on Feb 15, 2010 at 5:22:07 pm

Window XP comes standard with media player and that should not be an issue. Surely they have a DVD player they can avail themselves and software beyond what they are telling you. Ask them...they are the best source.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Feb 16, 2010 at 5:14:47 pm

MPEG-1 files will play on just about any computer you can find.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Ryan Roehl
on Feb 24, 2010 at 5:37:30 pm

Thanks for your response, I have been looking into mpeg 1 and it seems like its very buggy and not dependable. It also looks like it can't achieve 720 or higher resolution.

My demo is going out to all kinds of old business men who probably have never watched a video on their computer in their life, So I have to assume they dont have flash, quicktime, or any up to date codecs installed on their computer. And my boss doesnt want them to have to install anything.

So the following are out of the question

Flash
Quicktime
HTML5
Latest versions of MPEG

Is there any way to achieve high quality HD video (At least 720) on a fresh install of Windows XP?

Someone said wmv9 Should work. If thats the case whats the cheapest application for compressing to WMV9?

Any help is Highly Appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Mar 2, 2010 at 6:33:11 pm

In order to help you with the least expensive way to compress for WMV 9, we would need to know what platform you use (Mac or PC) and what software you already have. Perhaps you have the capability already :-)

Christopher Smith

CBN WorldReach

Return to posts index

Ryan Roehl
on Mar 3, 2010 at 12:30:24 am

Sorry I forgot to specify that I have mac and pc and I can get whatever software I need. Thats not an issue.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]