FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flickering in PAL DVD Projects

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Crockett
Flickering in PAL DVD Projects
on Feb 13, 2010 at 12:43:46 am

Hi,
I've rendered some projects and uploaded them to You Tube and am very happy with the quality of my work however I have a problem.

When I convert and render these same projects to DVD to play on Australian PAL television the quality is poor and flickering of (usually) white horizontal lines in the pictures is terrible. This flickering extends to trees and the foliage.

I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9.0b.

I render to the PAL DVD format when burning DVD's.

I am using photos to create my slideshows and add slight movement or zooming in Vegas to lead the viewers eye to what I want them to see.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this flickering.

Any help would be much appreciated I am making tourism virtual tours and would like to be able to author a quality DVD version as well as the internet vids for You Tube. I have no problem with the You Tube quality just the PAL DVD.

Cheers
Gary

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Flickering in PAL DVD Projects
on Feb 13, 2010 at 2:12:16 am

Are you sure the assets are being re-encoded for PAL? NTSC played on PAL looks like heavy flickering.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

Gary Crockett
Re: Flickering in PAL DVD Projects
on Feb 13, 2010 at 5:15:17 am

Hi Noah,
Over here if you play a NTSC render on a PAL TV it has no colour it is in black and white. I rendered for PAL in Vegas and burnt to DVD with DVD Architect also in PAL but I am new to this so will go double check and render and burn again.

Thanks for taking the time to reply I will check everything and post again.

Cheers
Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]