FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP - DVD tracks play in wrong order

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Sahe-Lacheante
HELP - DVD tracks play in wrong order
on Feb 7, 2010 at 6:27:18 pm

Hi

Just today I had to make a DVD quite urgently, which was comprised of 6 video tracks that needed to play as one file from beginning to end.
I used DVD Studio Pro, but I'm no expert, so I just connected the videos, starting from the Menu's play button, by linking the button to the first track and then telling every track from there to 'end jump' to the next one, and of course the last one to jump to the menu.

No chapter markers or settings (I don't know how to do that yet)'

This worked fine on my computer, DVD played as it should, but when inserted into a DVD player, it started playing the tracks in completely the wrong order, mixing it up.

I thought I'd done something wrong, so later at home I did another copy - worked fine on my mac but in DVD player, although it started with the first track (unlike the previous DVD player), it would jump randomly when you used the skip button. If you left it be, it would play from beginning to end.

What's the key to ensuring 100% excellence with this? I noticed that on my DVD player's info for the DVD, the video tracks had 'track numbers' that didn't go from 1-6, but was more like 1,3,6,5,2,4.
Is there a way to assign a track or order number to a video track?

Thanks

Mario

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HELP - DVD tracks play in wrong order
on Feb 8, 2010 at 2:59:22 am

Um sorry but the key is you read the manual. We can't really give you step by step to making a DVD if you can't be bothered to at least run through the included tutorial of DVDSP. It's not iDVD....

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

Mario Sahe-Lacheante
on Feb 8, 2010 at 2:08:36 pm

Genius. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Joe Mantaratz
on Feb 8, 2010 at 4:51:38 pm

We're all here to help each other..so let's try to be respectful to everyone. We have all been at the level someone else is at one time or another. Let's not make this like the other forums out there.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:47:47 am

Just drop the six videos into the timeline in the order you want them. As a bonus, you get a chapter point at every splice. Couldn't be easier.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]