FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video TS Burning

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lewis Hughes
Video TS Burning
on Feb 3, 2010 at 4:49:05 pm

Anyone able to help?

i have a dvd that has been authored and burnt. when opening in finder you see the usual folders - Audio TS and Video TS.

I want to be able to send the TS folders to someone on the other side of the world to burn a copy of the dvd. i tried this on a Mac, downloading the folders and using a Mac and everything seemed fine. However when i try use a PC it says "windows encountered a problem copying this folder" when i try drag it onto a blank dvd.

any ideas? is it as simple as needing a specific burning software the other end to burn it?

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
Re: Video TS Burning
on Feb 3, 2010 at 6:46:23 pm

don't know about MAC, but if you have windows's "windows encountered a problem copying this folder" - 99% you have CSS encrypted disk OR you have bad blocks on your DVD disk :)

but, if you write that "dvd that has been authored and burnt" - why you can't burn +1 disk? :)

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 3, 2010 at 7:37:38 pm

I don't know windows :-) but if you can copy it to a Mac without any special software and it plays in DVD Player, why not just make a new disc on the Mac?

Seems like you are making this harder then it needs to be.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Feb 4, 2010 at 1:48:59 am

You need to use DVD burning software on the PC side to burn the disc. You should do this on Mac also. Merely dropping the Video_TS folder onto the blank DVD may or may not produce a usable DVD. The files within the Video_TS folder must be written in a certain order on the disc.

What would work better is to create a disc image, and send that to the remote user. There's less chance for something to go wrong. He can burn the disc image to a DVD-R using DVD burning software. We send disc images between our facilities all the time and never have a problem.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Mario Sahe-Lacheante
on Feb 7, 2010 at 6:20:49 pm

I've also noticed the difference in Mac and PC before, but can't tell you why.

However just this week I needed to burn a DVD from Video TS folder that was copied for a production, and I found out Toast actually has an option where it allows you to just import a Video_TS folder, and it burns a disk from that.

Really easy. If you have access to a Mac with Toast, leave PC for the birds :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]