FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange DVD-Rom request

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Alpert
strange DVD-Rom request
on Feb 1, 2010 at 7:13:29 pm

Howdy,

I have received a request to build a DVD for a client, but I am concerned with the playback and compatibility since they have another company making a second application for the same disc.
(Please Read entire post before you respond)

My client outsources production and is looking to make a PAL DVD that also has a cross platform application on it.

I have created a variety of DVDs with Rom access, but in this case my client is having the application made in flash and the authoring is only to serve to play on stand alone players.

That being said I am unsure if I provide them the .img they are looking for with TS folders that once burned with all the files it will play.

I know if they are stacked correct a stand alone player will still pick up and play the Video_TS, but when the disc is placed in a computer wont it also just see it as a DVD and auto play with a DVD player? Has any one heard on having TS folders + .exe on one disc? would burning partitions work?

Please let me know! THANKS SO MUCH!!

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
Re: strange DVD-Rom request
on Feb 1, 2010 at 8:31:22 pm

I don't know about MAC, but on PC/Windows you have auto-play .exe file PLUS auto-run DVD-Player in one time :)

May be client want to convert flash to bd-java and get Blu-Ray disk?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]