FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Loops on a Single DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Crenshaw
Multiple Loops on a Single DVD
on Jan 30, 2010 at 1:31:31 pm

Good morning all,
I have a project that involves 30 half hour animations for projection onto a cyc. I need to be able to loop each one so the LD can choose which he wants for each session of the event and then have it loop until he changes it for the next session.

Using Avid DVD, (I have access to DVD Studio Pro) I haven't been able to get the individual elements to loop on themselves...the disk advances to the next element instaed. The controls are fairly limited in that I only have the option to return to menu or loop, but it plays all elements, then loops.

Any way to make each one loop indefinitley, then when the menu button is pushed, return to the menu for another selection? I'm thinking I could do this in DVDSP but all of the files are on the Avid machine.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
Multiple Loops on a Single DVD - Solved
on Jan 30, 2010 at 2:31:46 pm

This is a piece of cake in DVD Studio Pro. I guess Avid just offers the very basics in it's authoring package...if you can really even call it that.

Peace,
Mark

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: Multiple Loops on a Single DVD
on Feb 1, 2010 at 7:02:55 pm

I create discs like this for clients all the time. You can do it using stories in DVDSP.

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
on Feb 1, 2010 at 7:50:30 pm

Thanks for the response Matt. Absolutely right on.

I moved the files to the Mac and DVDSP about 20 mins after I posted. It was very easy to get the loops set up. Avid just doesn't have the features that DVDSP has...sad really, since they bundle it with $25K to $50K editing systems.

Peace,
Mark

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
on Feb 1, 2010 at 7:53:16 pm

Awesome. Glad you got it figured out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]