FORUMS: list search recent posts

Author DVD to stop between titles without menu

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Blair
Author DVD to stop between titles without menu
on Jan 28, 2010 at 1:40:09 am

We only author DVDs occasionally and we do fairly simple menus and submenus. We typically use DVD Architect but we also have Adobe Encore.

We have a client that has an odd DVD request.

We produced a series of short role-play videos for a sales training class and they'd like to play the first title, have it stop automatically when it fades to black (and keep the screen in black), then when they hit "play," the second title would play. There are about 12 vignettes like this that they'd like to have work this way one after another authored onto one DVD.

I told them I didn't think this was possible without using a menu. So far the closest I've gotten to their request is to creat a menu with just a black background, and then I added a link to each title. But this created buttons that I was able to just display as simple text describing each title. They'd like no titles, no buttons etc. but the ability to just have each title play, then stop automatically and have it cued to the second titles.

On my menu above, you still had to select the appropriate title and click on it to get it to play after each video stopped...and it's not cued to the next title automatically but instead the last title played is highlighted (which is of course how it's supposed to work).

Again...I've searched on google, on here and on various DVD tutorial sites and have come up empty. Is this possible with either of the authoring programs I have?

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Author DVD to stop between titles without menu
on Jan 29, 2010 at 2:33:41 am

Easy to do.

You have to have chapter markers where you want the DVD to pause.

So you want the video to pause on Marker #2, you click on the marker before it (this case #1) Inspector there is a Playback option, Wait, set to infinity. Do this for every place you want it to pause.

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
on Jan 29, 2010 at 4:19:47 pm

You could also do it with the black menus you are currently using. Just set the transparency of the buttons to 0 so they don't show up.

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 29, 2010 at 7:59:12 pm

You can it is actually more work and you need to remember not all players let the play button activate a button so you should be hitting the enter button.

Return to posts index

Chris Blair
on Jan 30, 2010 at 2:10:44 am

Thanks guys! Appreciate the help. But naturally, since you've helped me figure out how to do it...the client now wants a traditional menu!

But hey, I learned something new! Thanks again.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]