FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro 4 Drop Zone Poor Video Quality Issues

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Corman
DVD Studio Pro 4 Drop Zone Poor Video Quality Issues
on Jan 23, 2010 at 12:11:42 am

I am creating a DVD with DVD SP 4. When I drop video into a drop zone, it looks horrible, both on the simulation and final product. I understand that the file is compressed in the drop zone when the whole menu is converted to video, but it is beyond unusable. Doesn't seem right.

I've seen a very few posts here and there on scattered forums, for this subject, and have tried everything suggested. The first thing I tried before even searching, was dropping in a high res QuickTime export of the original file. The same horrible quality.

I've since tried several different types of exports, and settings, different codecs, pixels, resolutions, etc, etc. All to no avail. In fact they all look equally horrible, with very little difference, even than just dropping in the mpeg 2 file in the first place.

I've also tried SD and HD DVD settings in all the various display and setting modes.

Original file was shot on HDAVC and was transferred into Final Cut Pro 6, which converted with the Pro Res 422 codec.

Anyone run into this before and have a resolve? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4 Drop Zone Poor Video Quality Issues
on Jan 23, 2010 at 12:37:27 am

Yeah I'd suggest not using drop zones- because they distort footage in weird ways. Just build menus in FCP or in Motion and encode as a single video BG- looks a lot better.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]