FORUMS: list search recent posts

Odd Button Behavior

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Pilch
Odd Button Behavior
on Jan 21, 2010 at 10:42:17 am

Ok i am having some weird behavior from Encore CS4.

I have been making DVD's for about a year now and it was just recently brought to my attention that the buttons were displaying oddly when the DVD was played back on a standard DVD player. I tested and confirmed this behavior on 3 different DVD players with identical results.

The problem is with the display of the buttons. They loose chunks of the button. This happens on still and motion menus. They display correctly in Encored Preview and when the DVD is played back on my computer but not when it is played back on a DVD and TV set up.

I did not have this problem at first but after trouble shooting for the last 3 days i am at a lost. Newly created projects or one i have had from the git go show the same problems. If i make a project with the menus and buttons that come with Encore or the menus and buttons i create it gets the same result. I just uninstalled theCS4 suite and reinstalled it with no change of behavior.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Odd Button Behavior
on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:00:46 pm

Because they are too small. Your TV is interlaced and your computer is not.

Return to posts index

Andrew Pilch
on Jan 22, 2010 at 11:27:16 pm

I don't think that is it. When testing i used a button that came with Encore keeping it the size it defaults to then duplicated it and made it really big one as well to check.

I also just located some DVD's i made about a year ago that use that same Menu layout. The buttons are the sam size and still display fine.

I located the button specks from the Adobe site and will confirm tonight but like i said i already tested this with a huge button and got the same results with a loot of lines running through a bigger button.

I will double check by making a really big button tonight and post the results of increasing the button size but if you think of anything else in the mean time please let me know.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Andrew Pilch
on Jan 25, 2010 at 4:49:07 pm

Button size is not the problem. This is huge...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]