FORUMS: list search recent posts

"unknown disc", need help!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Pellington
"unknown disc", need help!
on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:06:12 pm

I burnt a .mov file to a dvd-r and slipped it into my new Epson Powerlite Presenter. The disc would not play, the machine would only prompt "unknown disc" on the screen. I researched and found that this projector only recognizes .divx and .mpeg 1/2/3 files...
Today I burnt a .divx video with .mp3 audio to a dvd-r. It did not make a difference. I am having a hard time finding out information on the Epson Powerlite Presenter. I also have never had experience with burning dvds. I am using DVD Studio Pro.
I would appreciate any help I could get!!!!!

thank you
-Jeremy

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: "unknown disc", need help!
on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:16:04 pm

You need to use a regualar DVD player. Never heard of the that Epson thingy! :)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Pellington
on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:29:44 pm

I have just tried hooking up my dvd player to it. both machines work well together, however, my dvd player gives an error and states that it cannot play the disc. I must be doing something wrong, but I am not sure what that is...

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 19, 2010 at 7:56:28 pm

[Jeremy Pellington] "I must be doing something wrong,"

There are a lot of things you can be doing wrong, without details we are guessing.
Main one, what are your disc settings in DVDSP and how are you burning the DVD.

BUT, one of the most common reasons for unknown disc, it that you are making a HD DVD instead of a normal DVD. this is a setting in DVDSP and if you set it to this the project has to be reauthored.

DVD is only, always m2v video.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 19, 2010 at 4:45:35 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Simply burning video clips to a blank DVD does not make a "DVD", you are only creating a "data disc". I work on the PC so not familiar with Mac methods, but use your DVD authoring software to create a "DVD Video" disc and it will format everything so that the DVD works in DVD players, just choose a standard DVD movie preset in your software.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]