FORUMS: list search recent posts

In and out points in DVD Architect 4.

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rafael Otero
In and out points in DVD Architect 4.
on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:50:18 pm

Hi Everyone,
I build a whole interface in DVD Architect 4. It is a collection of about 13 menus and there are transitions between one menu and the other. I rendered Quictime movies of the transitions of the menus. I only rendered 1 movie for both IN transition and OUT transition. I figured I could use the in and out points inside DVD Architect to only play the in portion in one instance and the out portion in another.

If I preview the DVD this works fine. But when I check the master on a DVD player, this is not the case. The DVD plays the entire video before finishing on the correct menu. Why is this? It works fine on the Preview mode. Please help!

thank you,
Rafa.

Return to posts index

Joe Mantaratz
Re: In and out points in DVD Architect 4.
on Jan 30, 2010 at 5:26:32 am

First you should be rendering all your media to MPeg2 format with Ac3 audio or PCm as those are the only standards for DVD. If you render to another DVDA will recompress. Back to your question,
You can use your video as a transition between menus andhave it play as you wish. You must be sure the little green line and the in and out points are in the place you need them to be. I would not do it this way as it will give you sharp ins and outs. Better to create the transition exactly as you would like them to appear in your NLE and them bring those back into DVDA. No worries about in and out points and sharp cuts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]