FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can someone explain to me audio delays when demuxing DVDs??

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
juan manuel de anda jr
Can someone explain to me audio delays when demuxing DVDs??
on Jan 12, 2010 at 3:44:47 pm

Seems to me every program I use to demux DVDs results in two files that are not in equal length.

Is there a reason for this? Is it a video issue? an audio issue?
Has this always been a problem?

I can't seem to find anything online that explains this thoroughly. Most places just assume I should already know what the problem is and goes right into talking about fixing it.

Well what are these delays? What causes them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You see, At work I often have to edit audio off of pre-recorded DVDs. (redactions you could say, and no, I have no choice of the material given to me, I just have to work with it)

It would be much faster if I could rip the audio file, make my edits, and then mux it back into a new DVD. But I don't find this to be reliable AT ALL.

Ripping the the a/v together is often not that reliable either, and I end up doing a live uncompressed capture. Compressed files are junk for video editing anyway.

Well, I was just hoping someone around here would have some knowledge on the situation. So far I just don't see short cuts working and will stick to the true and true if not shortest method.

This is my first POST!

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
Re: Can someone explain to me audio delays when demuxing DVDs??
on Jan 12, 2010 at 9:31:58 pm

there is multiplexing system of DVD - audio blocks and video blocks muxed depending of bitrates, number streams etc...
and you can get video start to 0:00:00:00, but audio1 - +200ms, audio2 - +170ms etc..
this is normally

Return to posts index

juan manuel de anda jr
on Jan 12, 2010 at 10:40:05 pm

So it is normal to have those audio delays? And once you separate the a/v you get rid of that delay? Is that why the tracks no longer match in length?

What is the intent of having the delay in the first place if I may ask?

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
on Jan 13, 2010 at 8:07:39 am

I use DVDDecryptor for demux DVDs. After demux i have files
aaaaaaa.m2v
bbbbbbb delay +NNN.ac3
ccccccc delay +MMM.ac3
etc...after this i use DVDLAB's tool for ac3/dts/pcm sync - open file, set delay, get 100% sync file.

Return to posts index

juan manuel de anda jr
on Jan 13, 2010 at 2:00:33 pm

that's great but no one really answered my question. I want to know why the delays are there in the first place.

I will however mess with the tools you suggested.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]