FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio 4 Problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
DVD Studio 4 Problem
on Jan 12, 2010 at 1:12:26 am

Greetings all I'm having a rather frustrating problem, I'm burning a DVD, THe menu has ONE button, I go to simulate and everythings perfect, then when i burn the dvd and try to play it I'm stuck at the menu, ITs like DVD studio is refusing to read the button I assigned in the burning process. ANY thoughts?

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
Re: DVD Studio 4 Problem
on Jan 14, 2010 at 11:04:26 pm

I have run across this in the past, and when I look closer, i find that I have a "hidden'" button somewhere (that you cant see) that is set to button number 1 (The default button) When you simulate from within DVDSP you click on your real button with a mouse (And it plays the target video assigned to it) but when you play the dvd in a set top player and hit play on the remote it is defaulted to the un-seeable, un-assigned button so nothing happens.

Take a very close look at you menu in DVDSP and see if you can find the mystery button. You will need to select everything in the menu and you should be able to see it. Delete the hidden button if you can find it, and your real button will then become the default button in your menu.

If you can't find / see a hidden button then make sure that any assets you put on our menu (like a video insert, picture, graphic, plain text or whatever, are NOT set up as a button. All of these assets have the capability of being set up as a button, so it could be that one of these assets is your mystery button with no "play target" assigned to them and you would end up with the same problem.

Hope this helps...

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska

Everyone has a story to tell.
http://www.FrostLineProductions.com

Return to posts index

Magnus Jordan
Re: DVD Studio 4 Problem
on Feb 15, 2010 at 3:17:29 pm

This solved a problem I've spent days trying to fix.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

(I registered to the forum just to write this).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]