FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subpicture highlight issues

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kiyash Monsef
Subpicture highlight issues
on Jan 7, 2010 at 7:06:29 am

Hi all,

I've been using DVDSP for years and am having to use Encore for the first time to do a BluRay DVD. I made my menus in Photoshop, using (+) and (=1) for the buttons. The highlight states are simple color changes to the text. Everything looks fine in the menu viewer, but when I preview the DVD, the highlights don't show up where they are supposed to.

The menu is 16:9 and 1920 x 1080. The preview window looks like an SD (720 x 480) window, and the menu shows up letterboxed.

I feel like there might be a few possible issues, and I'm simply not familiar enough with the software to know which one is most likely. My best guesses:

1) I'm looking at it wrong. The Preview function is previewing in SD rather than HD, and for some reason that is affecting the positioning of the highlights. (Is there a way to preview in BluRay?)

2) I'm doing it wrong. For a text change highlight, I shouldn't have done it in Photoshop, but rather just used the subpicture highlight functionality of Encore.

3) Encore's doing it wrong. Some kind of OS/Encore compatibility issue (specs below)

4) Something else?

Specs: MacPro Quad 8 GB, Leopard (10.5.8), Encore CS4

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

Kiyash

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]