FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question regarding "Warning Signs" in DVD Studio Pro when Building a DVD.

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Bowman
Question regarding "Warning Signs" in DVD Studio Pro when Building a DVD.
on Dec 31, 2009 at 7:21:44 pm

Hello, this isn't a problem really but I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong. I should start by saying usually when I'm burning a disc in DVDSP I just select "Burn" instead of "Build" or "Build/Format". I've heard to never click "Burn" but I've never had a DVD with issues that way or any way for that matter, it's just "Burn" is the fastest. I noticed in my log (pasted below) there are a lot of Yellow, Caution "Warning Signs" notifying me certain files will not be included on the disc. The DVD itself plays perfectly in a DVD player as well as on a computer. I'm confused as to why these are "Errors". I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Here is my log from the last DVD I burned.

Starting DVD Build DAN_ALESSIO...
Compiler Initializing...
Precompiling Project DAN_ALESSIO
Compiling VMG Information...
Created 7 PGCs in VTSM1
Created 8 PGCs in VMG.
1 Menu(s) will be created...
Compiling Menu PGCs...
Compiling Menu#1 (Menu 1)...
Rendering Menu:Menu 1,Language:1...
Writing VIDEO_TS.VOB
1 VTSs and 1 Titles will be created...
Compiling VTS#1 (Track 1)...
Muxing VTS_01_1.VOB
Done.
Linking VMG...
Linking VTS#1...
Writing VTS#1...
Writing VMG...
Writing Layout Info...
Compile Completed Successfully
Warning: The file ‘12.18.09 Sequence-Dolby Digital Professional 2.0.ac3’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘12.18.09 Sequence-MPEG-2 5.0 Mbps 2-pass.m2v’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘12.18.09 Sequence.mov’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘First Play-Dolby Digital Professional 2.0.ac3’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘First Play-MPEG-2 6.2Mbps 2-pass.m2v’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘First Play.mov’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The directory ‘/Volumes/PRESTON_1/John M. Preston/2009/12.7.09 Preston/DVD/PAR’ will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘Sequence 1-Dolby Digital Professional 2.0.ac3’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘Sequence 1-MPEG-2 5.0 Mbps 2-pass.m2v’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘Sequence 1.mov’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The directory ‘/Volumes/PRESTON_1/John M. Preston/2009/12.7.09 Preston/DVD/The Proper Registration of Assets.dspproj’ will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘DAN_ALESSIO.layout’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘VOB_DATA.LAY’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Start formatting
Formatting as Standard DVD
Simulation mode is off
Lossless linking is on
Number of layers is 1
Doing side 1 of 1
Playable in region 1,2,3,4,5,6,8
Disc size is 12 cm
Disc has no copyright material
Writing ISO 9660 directories
Writing UDF 1.02 structures
Writing files
Writing final UDF information
Formatting finished.
Formatting finished.

Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. I appreciate anyone's help.

Jonathan

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Question regarding "Warning Signs" in DVD Studio Pro when Building a DVD.
on Dec 31, 2009 at 7:46:53 pm

Warning: The file ‘DAN_ALESSIO.layout’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘VOB_DATA.LAY’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.

This is very confusing way for DVDSP to put these "warnings" they are really Notes, these are files that DVDSP will use if you every use just the Format to make additional discs. They should not be on the disc.

All the other stuff also should not be on the disc but I don't know why those folders are in the Video TS folder in the first place. Did you move in there? they are the source files that DVDSP makes the DVD muxed files from.

As far as Burn vs. Build/Format, for the most part they are the same process except with Burn, after DVDSP formats the disc it deletes the Video TS folder, freeing up disc space. The first time through there should be no difference in time between the 2. But if you make changes to the project after the first build DVDSP only has to update the Video TS folder when you use Build/Format instead of redoing the entire build with Burn. Plus if you need to just make another disc all you need to do is use Format and it doesn't have to make the VideoTS folder again. There also seems to be more issues with Burn then with Build/Format, but in the end it is the workflow that I like with Build/Format that makes me always use it. For me there is no benefit of using Burn.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Bowman
Re: Question regarding "Warning Signs" in DVD Studio Pro when Building a DVD.
on Jan 5, 2010 at 10:29:40 pm

"...I don't know why those folders are in the Video TS folder in the first place. Did you move in there?"

To my knowledge I didn't move anything into the Video TS folders. It could just be that I'm not using the best work flow and something was done in a not so perfect way. Whatever the case thank you very much for your answer. It helps me understand the "Warnings" (Notes) better. Also, I'll have to use Build/Format from now on because I'm constantly making changes to projects and re-burning them.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]