FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for DVD VM information and help

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jake haning
Looking for DVD VM information and help
on Dec 27, 2009 at 4:34:06 am

This might be a newbie question but i've spent hours looking over tutorials and google and can't find help.

I'm looking for info/explanation of dvd vm commands, programing, pgc's ect.

I've got some iDVD playback issues that i'm trying to fix using myDVDedit. (sorry i don't have DVDsp)

If anyone could point me in the direction of a resorce that can help me figure out the work flow of the VM so i can change the playback of the titles on the DVD i would appreciate it.

Or if there is an affordible DVD authoring software that will allow me to "play all" and have the movies in a submenu play consecutivly it would make my christmas.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Looking for DVD VM information and help
on Dec 27, 2009 at 5:24:10 am

What kind of issues?

Here's the only site I know of:

http://www.dvd-replica.com/DVD/index.php

You're limited on a Mac. Might want to move to a PC to get more authoring tool options. DVD Lab Pro is great for $200.

Return to posts index

jake haning
on Dec 27, 2009 at 7:26:10 pm

Thanks for replying. I posted to the original thread. Basicly i'm trying to change the title numbers to make them in order.

also, get the submenu to play through instead of stopping at the end of one title and going back to the menu.

Return to posts index

jake haning
on Dec 27, 2009 at 7:23:02 pm

iDVD doesn't put the titles in the correct order so on some dvd players when you "skip" it jumps to the wrong title. I need a way to preset the titles.

iDVD doesn't play through all the titles instead it plays one title and goes back to the menu. I need the DVD to atleast play through the submenu.

When looking at the VM with myDVDedit i can't figure out the flow the vm goes through to get to the title back to the menu.

Can't figure out how the buttons are programed in the registery to link to the title or menu

It looks like this (example)

R0=R5
R5=0
R2=1
Link to vlm menu 1, resume cell 1

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Dec 28, 2009 at 3:27:59 am

Impossible to tell without looking at the entire disc structure. Best to reauthor in a more professional tool like DVDSP unless you really know the spec and how to manipulate the abstraction code in MyDVDEdit.

Try DVD Lab on the PC - its only $200.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]