FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compatability

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Head
Compatability
on Dec 26, 2009 at 4:43:36 pm

OK...I've spent the entire year shooting stills and video, I choose just the right music, put it all together in Sony Vegas 8, burn it using DVD Architect, get to the Christmas Eve party and give out the copies as gifts. Perfect!...But wait...a week later I start getting e-mails that the discs won't play, or freeze up after 10 or 20 minutes into the 38 minute disc, or the become very pixely and stutter then freeze. What can I do to make my discs more compatible with set top players...? I use Tayo Yuden-r burned copied using a DVD Coolcopy duplicator.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Compatability
on Dec 28, 2009 at 3:48:07 pm

Taiyo Yuden is the best choice for media, no problem there. What data rate did you encode at? Using a very high rate can cause playback problems - I never go above 7, and for a short project like yours, use CBR, no advantage to VBR.

So CBR 7.0 encoding, and use Dolby AC3 audio. Also, I burn at 8x, though my media is rated for 16x. 16x does NOT burn twice as fast as 8x as the name suggests, due to write speeds varying from inner portion of DVD to outer portion and I feel there is more integrity to the burn if you don't rush it.

I don't use Architect, but I assume it will flag any errors in your project before burning, so if created to spec and using the good media, I don't know why the discs would fail.

Make sure the DVDs are genuine, I hear there are a lot of counterfeits out there marked as Taiyo, buy from a reputable dealer.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]