FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Authoring Errors with DVD Studio Pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Chaytor
DVD Authoring Errors with DVD Studio Pro
on Dec 25, 2009 at 6:12:00 pm

Hi everyone! Happy Holidays!
I'm having consistent problems trying to create a DVD with DVDSP that can play on regular, commercial DVD players. They only play on my MacBook Pro.
Here are the warning messages I keep getting when I choose Format and Build:

Warning: The directory ‘/Users/davidchaytor/Library/Caches/DVD Studio Pro Files/IDS DVD Project.dspproj’ will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The directory ‘/Users/davidchaytor/Library/Caches/DVD Studio Pro Files/IDS Project.dspproj’ will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The directory ‘/Users/davidchaytor/Library/Caches/DVD Studio Pro Files/HVDVD_TS/Render Data’ will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘UNTITLED_DISC.layout’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘VOB_DATA.LAY’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The directory ‘/Users/davidchaytor/Library/Caches/DVD Studio Pro Files/HVDVD_TS’ will not be included in the final disc.

I used compressor to convert my DVCPro HD 720p 24fps commercial - which is less than 4 minutes long - using CBR and ac3 audio. Then I use SD DVD to burn, 16:9 letterbox, everything goes well until these warning messages. But it continues to build and format and then says it burns successfully. But they just cannot be read by any of the DVD players I've tried them on.
Any suggestions about where I might be going wrong? The clients are getting restless!!...
Thanks in advance,
David

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD Authoring Errors with DVD Studio Pro
on Dec 26, 2009 at 6:56:16 am

You are making a HD DVD so they will never play on a standard DVD. This gets asked all the time so you can do a search if you need more info.

You need to start the project again and make sure it is set to SD DVD.

Return to posts index

David Chaytor
on Dec 26, 2009 at 1:52:33 pm

Thanks Michael. I do actually choose SD DVD, as I'm quite aware that HD DVDs are virtually non-existent, and can't be played anywhere. Like I said in my post, I used Compressor at first, chose CBR, mv2, used ac3 audio, and then chose SD DVD to burn it in DVDSP. Somehow, it burns the DVD, but it doesn't include all that information that I'm sure is what enables the DVD to play in regular players.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 29, 2009 at 12:35:30 am

Warning: The directory ‘/Users/davidchaytor/Library/Caches/DVD Studio Pro Files/HVDVD_TS/Render Data’ will not be included in the final disc.

I would check again. I will bet you a beer that somewhere along the way you changed this into a HD DVD project.

with Disc in the inspector, in the General tab, what is the DVD Standard set to?

Return to posts index

David Chaytor
on Jan 1, 2010 at 5:16:38 pm

In the version of DVD SP that I have (DVD SP4), the General tab only allows you to set your resolution and display mode (aspect ratio), which in SD DVD I set to 16:9 letterbox. It is in the Project tab that the DVD standard is set, and I always choose SD DVD.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 1, 2010 at 10:48:16 pm

It doesn't matter what is showing up in the preferences since most of that is only for how a project starts.

Go to the Outline tab, click on the Disc icon.

General Tab in the inspector, what is the DVD Standard and the Video Standard set to.

Resolution and display mode is for tracks and not the disc.

Return to posts index

David Chaytor
on Jan 3, 2010 at 11:21:39 pm

It's the same thing, Michael. On the General tab after I click the disc icon, it's set to SD DVD, and the video standard is NTSC. I just tried it again, creating a new folder for the _TS files this time, and it came up with the same warnings:

Warning: The directory ‘/Users/davidchaytor/Library/Caches/DVD Studio Pro Files/IDSDVD_TS/IDS DVD.dspproj’ will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘IDS_DVD.layout’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Warning: The file ‘VOB_DATA.LAY’ found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.
Start formatting
Formatting as Standard DVD
Simulation mode is off
Lossless linking is on
Number of layers is 1
Doing side 1 of 1
Playable in region 1,2,3,4,5,6,8
Disc size is 12 cm
Disc has no copyright material
Writing ISO 9660 directories
Writing UDF 1.02 structures
Writing files
Writing final UDF information
Formatting finished.
Formatting finished.
Formatting finished.

Return to posts index

David Chaytor
on Jan 3, 2010 at 11:36:46 pm

...But despite those warnings, I just tried it in my DVD player and now it plays!!!
Michael, when I created this new DVD, those settings were already in place. Like you said, it's possible it went back to HD DVD when I was making the previous DVDs, even though I thought I'd set it to SD DVD. Thanks a lot for your assistance.
I'm still not sure why those warnings come up though...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]