FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony DVD Architect doesnt list my DVD Drive as a Burn option

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Forsyth
Sony DVD Architect doesnt list my DVD Drive as a Burn option
on Dec 24, 2009 at 6:01:44 am

I just purchased a new Dell Studio XPS, with a DVD drive that reads and writes CD (all formats), DVD (all formats - single and dual layer), and Blue Ray discs. I also own DVD Architect 5.0c. Running Windows 7 64bit.

I've used DVDA5 for a while - I went to "Make a DVD", "Burn from previously prepared folder", pointed it to the correct folder (with the Video TS and audioTS folders, etc), but the output option dropdown only has "ISO Image Writer", it does not also list my DVD Burner as an option.

I couldnt find anywhere in the help files anything that told me how to remedy this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Best,

Chris Forsyth

Return to posts index

Paul James Chatman
Re: Sony DVD Architect doesnt list my DVD Drive as a Burn option
on Jan 2, 2010 at 12:30:11 pm

Its been a week since you asked this question so may have moved on or found the solution elsewhere.

If not, then go to preferences/general tab and de-select the "Skip drive database, autodetect drive capabilities". Then restart dvd architech. This will stop it from loading its default config. file and poll the hardware directly.

hello

Return to posts index

Luigi Perrotta
Re: Sony DVD Architect doesnt list my DVD Drive as a Burn option
on Apr 14, 2013 at 11:57:31 pm

I too had the same problem. I read Paul's answer I tried it and it didn't work. However, his answer pointed me in the right area.

Under preference/general there is another tab on the right "Burner"
I clicked it, on the window that opened, left bottom corner there is a small box "legacy disk drive". I unchecked it, now my DVD Architect sees my burner. It worked.

I've been asking Sony for over a week. They couldn't solve the problem.

I have other problems I will ask another question.

Thank you Paul for pointing me to the right area.
Luigi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]