FORUMS: list search recent posts

Q from a beginner

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david rafky
Q from a beginner
on Dec 19, 2009 at 2:43:14 am

I brought my video tapes to Walgreens and for a small fee, the store converted them to DVDs in the VOD format. I just want to accomplilsh 2 VERY SIMPLE tasks without having to master difficult to use software as I am a very impatient person! (1) I want to take a few segments from each DVD and put them on a single DVD -- I think this is called a complication. (2) Then I want to add "screens" or a graphic before each scene with an explanation of what follows. Nothing fancy. I have the software that was bundled with Microsoft XP--but it is much more than I need or want. Can someone recommend a VERY SIMPLE piece of software/program that will accomplish (1) and (2) without a major time commitment on my part. This does not have to be "freeware" or "shareware" as I am not averse to spending money.
Thanks in advance.
Dave Rafky/Miami, Florida

Return to posts index

Dave Lozinski
Re: Q from a beginner
on Jul 6, 2010 at 3:36:21 am

I believe most of the basic video editing software packages allow you to do this.

You'll have to "rip" the video off the DVD. Once done, any video editing program from Roxio's Video Wave (nice beginner's tool) to something more professional like Sony Vegas Pro will allow you to take clips from those videos and add things both before and/or after.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------
http://www.davelozinski.com
-----------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]