FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bitvice Bit Rate Discrepancy

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Hildebrand
Bitvice Bit Rate Discrepancy
on Dec 16, 2009 at 2:27:39 pm

HI there,

Did some tests and finding a bit of discrepancy in the bit rate. When I compress (for example) a CBR of 8 Mbps, then bring it into MPEG Streamclip and select "show stream info" it states my 8 Mbps settings, but it also seems to indicate that the actual Bit Rate is 6.50 Mbps.

Anyone know why there is a difference?

Thank you,
Dale

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Bitvice Bit Rate Discrepancy
on Dec 16, 2009 at 3:28:40 pm

BitVice always seems to encode at lower bitrates than set, I normally don't see that much but then again I NEVER encode at 8 Mbps, that is a trouble level and unless you.

Found this a bit frustrating when trying to get the most quality out of something. MAY get jumped for this but high bitrates with Compressor is just as good as bitvice if you have very good source material.

Return to posts index

Dale Hildebrand
Re: Bitvice Bit Rate Discrepancy
on Dec 16, 2009 at 3:39:33 pm

Thank you Michael. I usually compress at around 6.5 to 7 max, but when it is showing that 8 is actually 6.5 I thought I'd see if I can push it to that. I tried it on many dvd players that have problems with high bit rates and it seems to work fine.

I have one particular shot that is in a very busy environment (tracking shot through a busy store isle with lots of contrasting colours). Shot looks good in 4k and resed-down SD quicktime but the m2v compression keeps falling apart.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]