FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP Menus to Toast for Blu-ray

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yann Heckmann
DVDSP Menus to Toast for Blu-ray
on Dec 11, 2009 at 6:58:32 am

Hi, I have been quite please with Toast's Blu-ray functionality. There's one issue, however, that I haven't been able to resolve yet: The menu creation abilities of Toast are very basic to say the least, I really don't need anything very fancy, but would like to create menus that are a little more customizable. I like DVDSP's menu creation workflow a lot and am able to achieve what I want with it. Since DVDSP doesn't have any Blu-ray functionality, however, I cannot create a BDMV folder, which would enable me to transfer the menus created in DVDSP to Toast. Since Toast is to my knowledge currently the only way to burn Blu-rays on the Mac, I am a bit stuck with this problem.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Yann

Yann Heckmann - Editor & Color Grader - London

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DVDSP Menus to Toast for Blu-ray
on Dec 11, 2009 at 7:07:55 am

No you cannot. You might have to buy Encore if you need custom menus but that tool is a complete piece of sh*t. Have you look at NetBlender's Do Studio?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 11, 2009 at 7:13:02 am

You cannot get the menu templates out of DVDSP.

FCS3 can burn simple BluRay disc in compressor. Adobe Encore also has BluRay authoring. All are very limited but in the same level as Toast.

Return to posts index

Yann Heckmann
on Dec 12, 2009 at 9:52:32 am

Thanks guys. Unfortunately Do Studio is way too expensive for me, as I only make the occasional Blu-ray for festival screenings and such, and it only works on Windows while I would like to do it all on the Mac with having to go into Bootcamp. I'll take a look at Encore, but from what you told me, it doesn't seem to be so promising either.

One thing I found out was, that Toast uses layered PSD files for their menu presets, which can be edited:

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/02/23/how-to-create-your-own-toast-dvd-menu-style/

For older versions there is a even a pdf guide to doing just that.

So I might go this route and create a few customizable psd files - but boy, what a hazzle...

Cheers,
Yann

Yann Heckmann - Editor & Color Grader - London

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]