FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd won't play on dvd player

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathi Wells
dvd won't play on dvd player
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:18:01 am

I have been using Pinnacle studio and have intermitten problems of dvd not playing on customers dvd players at home. I have lowered write speed and bit rate, use the best media and still get the same thing. I was wondering if it had anything to do with my dvd encoder or is there anything else I can do?

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
Re: dvd won't play on dvd player
on Dec 8, 2009 at 11:23:45 pm

write speed - what software are you use?
what a write speed?
best media - what is "best media"?

I use Sonic Scenarist, ImgBurn and DVD+R or +R DL media by Verbatim.
And there is no problems with customers and replication facilities :)

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 9, 2009 at 6:33:22 pm

Kathi,

Not all DVD players are created equal, and older ones seem to be more susceptible to not playing "burned" DVDs compared to "pressed" DVDs. Ask one of your customers that has this problem to try playing the disc in a different player. If it plays okay, then it's probably their original player.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Kathi Wells
on Dec 10, 2009 at 5:19:27 am

Thanks Gary- I had them try them in 3 different dvd players and it is happening in all of them. I have had this happen to me before, I just don't know what else I can do.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 10, 2009 at 7:29:32 pm

[Kathi Wells] "I have lowered write speed and bit rate, use the best media and still get the same thing. I was wondering if it had anything to do with my dvd encoder or is there anything else I can do?"

What media are you using? (DVD-R should be used). What write speed are you using? (try the slowest you can). What bit rate are you using? (should be 7.5Mbps max.) And finally, what audio format are you authoring with? (should be .ac3).

If you can, try a different burner.

HTH

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]