FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio only (ie Audio Book) on DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Smith
Audio only (ie Audio Book) on DVD
on Dec 8, 2009 at 3:22:09 am

Hi all... was just wondering, I have created an audio book of about 40 hours and was thinking about the best way of putting this onto a DVD. Would I author this the same way as a normal DVD even though it's audio only? How many hours can I store on the DVD if I authored it? Many thanks!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Audio only (ie Audio Book) on DVD
on Dec 8, 2009 at 3:26:00 pm

DVD is a video format - it has to have video. You're looking at about 15-20 discs for 40 hours. But why would anyone want to listen to an audio book on a TV? Make a regular CD and it will play on a CD player and a DVD player :)

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Audio only (ie Audio Book) on DVD
on Dec 8, 2009 at 6:01:28 pm

You will want to use .mp3 or similar compressed audio format to fit more on the disc. You can use DVD as a DATA DISC (not "DVD Video") in order to have room to fit your 40 hours of material.

Plan on the viewer using their PC to listen (or they can transfer .mp3s to an iPod or similar). You may want to use some type of "front end" interface for your presentation that will allow users to select chapters and otherwise navigate.

You might be better off selling these on a USB thumb drive. If you search online, you should be able to find some sort of "front end multimedia interface" that could be included to present the material, adding chapters and navigational features for the user.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]