FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP 4.2 issue

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Halpern
DVDSP 4.2 issue
on Dec 7, 2009 at 9:03:48 pm

Hi all. Thanks in advance for answering this. I am on a tight deadline and am perplexed with this issue. I have authored DVDs before. I have a project where the simulator is running perfectly (and I know we cant assume the simulator tell the truth)...however, when I put the DVD, and it properly goes to the home pages, when I try to click on a link that would take me to a feature cut, or another link that will take me to a scene selection, and a 3rd, hidden easter egg link, instead of going to the correct menus as it did in the simulator, it simply takes me back to the main menu (2 other link on the top menu works fine). I have checked all button, all programming and all looks fine.

I have also looked all over my system for where my prefs are, as I heard trashing prefs help (gone into library, though I cant find the .plist prefs for the life of me). ALso, the DVD is dual layer and it is at 8.4 on the meter. Not sure if that is something to be concerned about.

Need help asap please! Will buy u a beer! Thanks, Richard

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVDSP 4.2 issue
on Dec 7, 2009 at 11:06:05 pm

I'd start a new project and reauthor with your asset- sounds like a pretty simple one to redo. Sometimes you simply cannot fix a DVDSP project for whatever reason.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Richard Halpern
on Dec 7, 2009 at 11:23:20 pm

The project is pretty sizable. I just moved all the assets and started a new SAVE AS file on another HD and this problem still is happening. So weird! A DVD I burned yesterday works fine. Simulator is perfect. I dont get it! And I still can find my prefs so I can trash. I went to libray, search this,

com.apple.dvdstudiopro.plist

Nothing appearing on my computer. So weird this problem.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 8, 2009 at 12:44:15 am

Could be a botched install of DVDSP. Though re-install takes a while...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Richard Halpern
on Dec 8, 2009 at 9:05:55 am

Actually, all....the problem continued on another Mac. However, we heard that, if the file is close to the edge (8.4 gb on an 8.5), like a hard drive on mac running out of memory, the DVD authoring process can be funky if too full.

So, we went in and removed a big file that we ultimately didn't need (or, we repointed to another file that did the job). Taking this file off brought us down to 6.8 gb....and...guess what....ALL WORKED FINE! We burned a master! I AM SO HAPPY!

BTW, it's best to use another program like Apple DVD to test your TS FILEs first after you build and see if you cured the problem, vs burning many dvds...if the build works, then, pop in the dvd, and CHOOSE the TS files, then format, and, MAGIC!

Thanks all and I hope my tough day helps others!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]