FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which Blu-Ray Discs Are Best?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Salloum
Which Blu-Ray Discs Are Best?
on Dec 1, 2009 at 6:42:50 pm

We're ready to burn our first Blu-Ray DVD and I'm wondering if anyone can provide feedback on your experiences with the different discs out there. Have you tried more than one brand? Did you encounter problems or compatibility issues? Would you recommend a dual-layer or are they not completely full-proof and/or worth the price? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Return to posts index

Chris Linke
Re: Which Blu-Ray Discs Are Best?
on Dec 2, 2009 at 6:40:47 pm

I've been very happy with Verbatim 25 GB BD-R. For 50 GB dual layer, I use a hub-printable disc from Sony that I get from Japan for around $10/disc. Sorry I don't have the part numbers handy, but I've not had any problems with these discs.

Chris Linke
PRC Digital Media
http://www.prcdigital.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Ford
on Dec 8, 2009 at 7:12:54 pm

I also use Verbatim 25GB BD-R and BD-RE. Not one problem. For 50GB, I use Sony. Have played this discs on several different Blu-ray players. For most projects, I'm burning from Encore on a Mac using the LaCie d2 burner.

---------------------------------------------
Always design with a purpose.

Return to posts index

Clayton Moore
on Jun 14, 2010 at 1:13:22 am

I've also had good luck with Panasonic 25GB BDR's as well as SONY. I also use two SONY BD-RE's in order to preview projects from time to time and re-using them has been fine.

I use a MacBook Pro and Both Final Cut Studio and ROXIO. My burner is a Buffalo HDDVD/Blu Ray burner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]