FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD format & compatibility issues

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Spicer
DVD format & compatibility issues
on Nov 26, 2009 at 2:10:28 am

I noticed there are other forums on here that deal with similiar issues, but I would like to know WHY professional movies work on virtually ALL DVD-players, and if I could personally get this type of disc and/or burner. When I put a professional DVD (meaning Titanic, or the Comebacks, etc.) in my PS3, it reads it as a DVD-RAM disc, does this mean I should purphase DVD-RAM discs? For jobs in the past, I have used various DVD-R disc types, such as Memorex or Verbatim (which im just trying out), and many sells have been returned for solution. Luckily I had DVD+R dics available, and made a new copy and that solved the problem, but I would like a better, more permanent solution. PLEASE HELP! I have more jobs coming up soon! :)

Mitch Spicer
~WRS Productions~

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD format & compatibility issues
on Nov 26, 2009 at 6:28:47 am

All retail titles are replicated, stamped copies and that is one major step, orders pretty much start at about 1000 copies and run under $1k with complete packaging.

Video bitrate should always be under 7.5Mbps (7Mbps max if you use VBR) and the audio should be encoded as ac3. DVD-R should be used, top quality disc only, I use Maxell plus but others have great success with other brands.

The main reason for problems is bitrate and uncompressed audio.

Return to posts index

Mitch Spicer
on Dec 3, 2009 at 8:13:07 pm

Alright, thanks. And also, what about the DVD-RAM? Is that a disc type that is able for purchase and such, because that is what all professional DVDs are, like I said, Titanic, or the Combacks... every disc is DVD-RAM, what does that mean?

Mitch Spicer
~WRS Productions~

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 3, 2009 at 8:41:16 pm

they are replicated disc, what you want are DVD-R (for DVD-5) and DVD+R DL (for DVD-9, dual layer) don't worry about anything else.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]