FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help - creating DVD + editing video

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carrissa Petrov
Need help - creating DVD + editing video
on Nov 16, 2009 at 12:31:59 am

(I have no prior experience of DVD authoring or video editing)

I have to create a DVD with a title menu, submenus, and chapters (using different sections or portions of the video). In the footage itself for the different chapters, I also have to add text and perhaps even add title screens intermittently in the film.

The problem is...I've been trying to do this for days using Vegas and Architect and I simply do not know how to use it. With Vegas, or even with Adobe Premiere, I can't seem to create a title menu as you would see in a DVD movie. However, when using Architect, I cannot edit the film as the want to using the themes available in the complementary program (Vegas). I also can't seem to import or export stuff that I need because it's not converted or because it's not compatible.

I am simply at a loss and frustrated like anything. I do not know what to do. Windows Movie Maker is too simplistic and doesn't have many features, free programs online are also too limited, yet these programs are too complicated. Please, any help would be appreciated...I'm not sure how to do what needs to be done.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Need help - creating DVD + editing video
on Nov 16, 2009 at 4:45:46 am

Sorry there is no real question there.

But my question to you is, have you tried to learn the program or are you just jumping into the deep end?

You have to put in the time, find some tutorials and if you get stuck ask a specific question.

The other real option is to hire and editor to edit this project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]