FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Authoring Help

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Clinton
DVD Authoring Help
on Nov 15, 2009 at 12:22:29 am

I'll save the long story, recently I was asked to (by my boss) to make a "Book on DVD". What is wanted is literllay a book converted to DVD (you press forward, it turns the page) I have tactfully explained every reason why this is the worst idea ever, especially when you consider the market audience is too old to want to use DVDs and the DVD will be sold for more money than the book. They do not want video intros, or examples/demonstraitions or elaborations from the book, they want it word-for-word, page-for-page like the book. The most I recieved was "Well, we'll put some music under it." (I hate to mention the music liscenes we have do not permit us from doing such a project)

Please, if anyone has any idea how to make this project compelling in any way, I would be extremely greatful.

Jerry

PS. If you agree that this may be the worst idea ever, please let me know. Perhaps I can change their minds if other professional concur with my sentiments.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: DVD Authoring Help
on Nov 15, 2009 at 6:33:10 pm

Hi Jerry,

I would have to agree with you 100%, this is an unworkable solution. DVDs have been out for how many years? If this was a good idea, why is no one else doing it? Tell your boss about the Kindle from Amazon

Jeff Pulera
Digital Vision Productions

Return to posts index

Jerry Clinton
Re: DVD Authoring Help
on Nov 15, 2009 at 7:57:18 pm

Thanks Jeff,

My alternatives that I proposed had mentioned formating for the Kindle, Nook, and several other popular eBooks (ie, MOBI, AZW, PDF, etc.) A proposed book-on-CD (as well as MP3 downloads of each chapter) and also a Flash version of the book (which is still as useless as a DVD but somewhat more accessable and less costly)

Again, thanks for your time and response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]