FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDF and Embedded Links on a DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Dahlman
PDF and Embedded Links on a DVD
on Nov 13, 2009 at 4:39:47 pm

I have a client that "needs" PDF and embedded links in a DVD. Normally I use DVDSP to author. After reading through a number of posts, its appears DVD@cesss is a nightmare and I won't be able to put buttons on any PDF files in a DVDSP project. (i.e. that it I would have to use the ROM portion of the DVD and give instructions on how users should navigate to that portion of the DVD)

I'm considering try to author via Flash or Director. Not super familiar with either program but have used both on occasion.

I seem to remember that it is possible to export a stand alone player with Director that will allow users to view the content without having to download any plug ins.

Is that still possible? And/or is there similar functionality if I go through Flash?

Short of using Flash anyone have a good work around for embedding weblinks and PDF files on a DVD?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: PDF and Embedded Links on a DVD
on Nov 13, 2009 at 9:18:23 pm

Please peek through this forum a bit. Your question has already been discussed a couple of times this week.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Andre Dahlman
on Nov 13, 2009 at 10:09:15 pm

Noah,

I did read through the previous post regarding this topic. A few of them were from me. But I am still a little unclear about the best way to go about doing this.

In a previous post Michel mentioned using a flash/director app. Don't want to open a can of worms here but its been a while since I've used either program and I'm reluctant to relearn Director as it seems to be on the way out. If Flash would allow me to create a data "dvd" without forcing users to download additional software, I'd prefer to us that.

Hence my questions regarding whether or not Flash can be set up on a DVD as as stand alone application a la Director's Projector feature.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 14, 2009 at 12:31:50 am

Well it comes to a very basic question is this really a DVD anymore? If it's only for computers then that changes everything and you could go Director or heck even send them a Keynote presentation. But trying to tie it into a DVD that remains playable outside of a computer is going to be a distinct trick...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 14, 2009 at 2:10:54 am

Andre

The only option here to add your PDFs in another folder next to your VIDEO_TS folder on the disc. You would then add a menu on the disc which tell the user how to access those files. The days are long gone of accessing content outside the TS folder from the disc itself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]