FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD : New path for Successful Burning

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Allen
DVD : New path for Successful Burning
on Nov 13, 2009 at 3:54:39 pm

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that I’m using DVD Architect 4.0, but through the course of trouble shooting yet another DVD problem I found another useful thing to try that I want to pass it on.

Recently I’ve been on a quest to burn the perfect DVD (one that will play in any DVD player). I have discovered:

• After hearing it for years and not believing it, there are only two brands of DVD-Rs you want to use.
  • You don’t want to burn at the fastest speed your burner can burn but you don’t have to burn at the slowest, a little over half the max speed is ‘bout where you want to be.
  • Nero can produce really good results but is quite limited.

Now to the new part…

I recently was using a Microboards 1 by 10 duplicator and got nothing but errors from the master. I was told by their tech support (which was free and great by the way if you're considering buying a duplicator) to do a couple of things before we concluded that the machine needed repair. One of the two things that worked was taking the files from the DVD made in DVD Architect and using a different program to burn a master. I did that and used NERO after copying the audio_ts and video_ts image files directly from the DVD to the computer. I didn’t even know Nero had this function but it work like a charm. The same computer and burner and the DVD was in some ways more compatible (not sure what ways and why but it worked).

I knew NERO could do this with an ISO image of a CD but never for a DVD. Maybe it was new for 7 or 8? I did it with 8se (after the time the MPEG function had expired) so it must be a basic function. Thought it was nice to know even if I don’t use it for anything else.

The other way that worked was copying the DVD Architect files to another computer with DVD Architect and burn it from there, but that wasn’t a big deal and some people only run DVD Architect on one PC.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
Re: DVD : New path for Successful Burning
on Nov 15, 2009 at 11:40:52 pm

1st - don't use Nero
2nd - ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com) - you can burn VIDEO_TS folder or image file

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]