FORUMS: list search recent posts

PRORES HQ 1080i to SD DVD Problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Aire
PRORES HQ 1080i to SD DVD Problem
on Nov 8, 2009 at 10:30:18 am

Hi all...

Working on a MBP 2.4Ghz with 4 gig of RAM. Using FCS3. Shot a project on a Z1 HDV mode. Captured HDV, put it on a PRORES 422 HQ timeline. Sent to and from color. Trying to output to SD DVD. Likely to be viewed on a DVD player with LCD screen.

I used to just add a deinterlacing filter in compressor but I decided to try a few tests. Instead of the usual deinterlacing filter I tried frame controls. I changed the output field to progressive. Looked a little better than the filter method. then I noticed the detail slider and bumped that up. Ended up with really sharp results.. Was happy so exported a sequence.

Problem was then that all the fade to blacks became fade to purple instead! Havent came across this problem before... So I tried some new tests on 2 seconds with a fade to black. Managed to get it to fade to black with one test sequence. Then when I tried a different sequence the purple was back!

Is a little strange. Id love to have the detail slider up to maybe 30 or so but not with the fades to black getting messed up...

Anyone came across this?

Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]