FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best export settings for HDV 1080 50i from FCP to DVDSP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chema Gomez
Best export settings for HDV 1080 50i from FCP to DVDSP
on Nov 6, 2009 at 12:30:06 am

Hi!!

I'm new in this world and I find this website very useful since I start to work in video, today i have a small problem for some of you but a big one for me and I decided to became a member and post my first question, I just want to say thanks to all of you for all the help and useful tips that you share with the rest of the world which help me to improve my still little knowledge...

Anyway, this is my problem, I shoot and edited a 17 min short film in Sony Z1 and my Mac pro respectively, after I finish the edit I want to create a DVD with the best quality as possible, I read in this article Creating Hi-Def DVDs Using 4.7GB Type 5 DVDs http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/hd_dvds_on_sd_dvds_young.html
how to create a HDDVD in DVDSP, I followed all the steps that this guy mention I export using compressor.... my sequence settings are:

when I export using compresor I add in compresor the HD DVD H264 60 min folder to my project.

After the export which takes a lot of time, about 7 hours, I get two files:
Dolby Digital Professional 2.0.ac3
H.264 10.3Mbps.mov

Then I tried to import the asset into my DVDSP project which is set like that.

and that...

and that...

and that...

The result after import is two audio files and none video files, DVDSP doesn't gave me any error or message about my video asset.

What can I do for this?

If there any other way to create a HDDVD with the best quality settings with my hardware and software?

Mac Pro 2.66 GHZ Quad Core
6GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4870
Apple LED Cinema Display 24''
DVDSP 4.2.1
FCP 6.0.6
Compresor 3.0.5

If not which will be the best settings for an SDDVD?

Thanks for your time

Chema Gomez

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Best export settings for HDV 1080 50i from FCP to DVDSP
on Nov 6, 2009 at 1:06:56 am

Um you know HD-DVD is a completely dead format now right?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Chema Gomez
on Nov 6, 2009 at 1:33:48 am

Hi Noah!

What do you mean? I can not make HDDVD? or there is a better way to make DVD with a quality as the HDDVD without make an HDDVD?, if so, could you tell me which is it, please?

Thanks

Chema Gomez
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
6GB 1066 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4870

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 6, 2009 at 3:10:10 am

HD DVD is a dead format from 2 years ago. You need to make a Blu Ray. Get Toast and try it out.

Return to posts index

Chema Gomez
on Nov 6, 2009 at 3:27:38 am

Well!! I'm sorry for being dummy but do I need a Blue Ray burner or drive (I don't know how it's call) to burn a Blue Ray Disc? Cos in that's case I don't think I can work with Blue Ray and therefore I'm not interesting on it... This is what i have in my Mac: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GH41N, Can I make Blue Ray with that?
If not, please... Could somebody try to tell me how to sort out my quote?

Thanks

Chema Gomez
6GB 1066 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4870

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 6, 2009 at 4:22:55 am

You can burn a BluRay disc on a regular DVD BUT, it is not compatible in all BLuRay players, you cannot play it on any Mac and only PCs with a BluRay drive and software can play it.

The new FCS3 can make very simple disc and you can get about 20 mins of HD footage on a DVD-R.

These can not be replicated.

Return to posts index

Chema Gomez
on Nov 6, 2009 at 2:43:00 pm

Hi Michael!

Thanks for the info...

I'm still using FCS2, is any way in this software to get HDV 1080i footages into a DVDR as you said with FCS3, my short is 17 min.

If not which will be the best quality i can get into DVDR

Thanks

Chema Gomez
6GB 1066 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4870

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 9, 2009 at 8:54:50 pm

A standard definition DVD at 720x480 NTSC 16:9 is the best you can do with a DVD-R. Best in the sense of creating a disc that a majority of folks would be able to play. If it's just for your own use- make a 1080 H.264 QuickTime .MOV and be good to go...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]