FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Help converting 1600 DVDs to MP4 Files

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellen Ambrose
Need Help converting 1600 DVDs to MP4 Files
on Nov 3, 2009 at 11:13:09 pm

Help! I am trying to find a way to convert 1600 DVDs to MP4, Ipod compatible files. We are looking for a quick cost efficient way to get this job done. We have heard that some companies will do it for $5 per DVD but even this rate is too high given the volume.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Need Help converting 1600 DVDs to MP4 Files
on Nov 4, 2009 at 6:27:38 am

Holy cripes that's like every DVD ever made. Fast and cheap are not likely to be on the docket I'm afraid. Ripping a DVD is a labor intensive process.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 4, 2009 at 7:14:43 am

Hilarious! $5 is too high??

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Nov 4, 2009 at 8:31:00 pm

I'd try MPEG StreamClip, it's free and goes direct from DVD to MPEG-4 for iPod using a preset, available here for Mac or PC -

http://www.squared5.com/

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 5, 2009 at 5:08:50 am

If you are not investing is some type of hardware solution (and I don't know of one) you better have a lot of free labor around or else you will paying a lot more than $5/ disc.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 5, 2009 at 6:57:47 am

No kidding! This would take months!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 5, 2009 at 2:46:43 pm

You could buy 1600 Mac Pros and use Handbrake- that would take only about 30 minutes for the whole job... well not discounting the costs of the Mac Pros.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]