FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Check What's Where (Layer-wise)?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Carr
How to Check What's Where (Layer-wise)?
on Nov 3, 2009 at 5:57:52 am

DVD Studio Pro, latest version. New MacPro.

Reviewed posts, articles, manual. Successfully created a test DL video DVD, OTP. It worked great on a bunch of typical DVD players, an XBox, a computer.

The test is for a project to finish ASAP-- a feature length documentary plus 4 short films as extras, each asset on its own track.
--There are no Chapters (more precisely, there is one chapter per track).
--The simple menu offers a button for each item.
--The feature asset is 3.4GB and the extras are altogether about 2.6GB.

I could not figure out how to specify which asset goes on which level, but I did follow advice on the Cow: build the job with break set to Automatic, check the Build & Format window's Disc/Volume tab, Layer Break pulldown.
Listed in the dropdown is:

"Track 1::Track 1"

and,

"Automatic"

Does this mean the complete feature asset (which is located on Track 1) is on level 0? That would be cool.
I want the feature on level 0 and the extras on level 1; this strategy is so the break isn't in the middle of one of the extras.
Is there a way to check where the break happened?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: How to Check What's Where (Layer-wise)?
on Nov 5, 2009 at 1:01:57 am

If you want things in a specific track/title order put them all into one track and separate with stories- it's in your manual...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

William Carr
Re: How to Check What's Where (Layer-wise)?
on Nov 5, 2009 at 1:22:58 am

Stories! Time for me to learn Stories.

Thanks Noah...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]