FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP Menu Quality Issue - Please help!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce McNamara
DVDSP Menu Quality Issue - Please help!
on Oct 27, 2009 at 8:00:54 am

Hi there,

I create my menus in After Effects, import them into FCP for audio work, compress and send to DVD Studio Pro. I'm not happy with the quality of the menu for a recent project. When displayed on a TV screen it seems a bit pixellated around the edges of the text and I just feel the quality could be smoother and cleaner.

If somebody could PLEASE share a decent workflow with me that provides results - I'll cry (tears of joy, that is).

Here is my current workflow (working towards a 16:9 SD DVD PAL):

1) Design menus in After Effects with composition settings 'PAL D1/DV Widescreen Square Pixel' / 1050 X 576 / Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels
2) Render out of AFX using Photo-Jpeg compression (progressive)
3) Import in FCP (for sound design) into a Photo-Jpeg sequence that matches the original comp settings.
4) Export a QT file using Current Settings.
5) Compress in Compressor using Best Quality 90
6) Import into DVDSP, BURN to view on TV
7) Rip out portions of my hair.

I'm getting so frustrated trying to solve this issue, please help me out!

Kind Regards
Bryce
Melbourne

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: DVDSP Menu Quality Issue - Please help!
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:37:28 pm

Just a thought, but have you tried using Quicktime Animation Codec (best quality)?

Also, once you finish your audio editing in FCP, just export the audio only, and use the original quicktime animation export from AE as the asset for DVDSP. If you want to use compressor to encode, simply encode the AE quicktime file then bring into DVDSP.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]