FORUMS: list search recent posts

Data DVD Authoring for a Newbie

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Hathaway
Data DVD Authoring for a Newbie
on Oct 26, 2009 at 10:02:10 pm

Hello,

I'm working on my first DVD project. I'm compiling a data DVD that will contain Databases, PDF, and Videos. This project is normally done by creating a file directory and burned on to a DVD. I'm looking to add full menu-functionality that will link to the data, Studio Pro is a bit outside of my budget so i'm turning to you fine folks out there.

Thanks!

Mike

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Data DVD Authoring for a Newbie
on Oct 27, 2009 at 3:50:38 am

Put a web site on the disc- that will do it...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, and Panasonic DVX100.
Call Box Training
DSLR Cinematography Blog

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 27, 2009 at 8:24:51 am

DVD cannot access files outside the VIDEO_TS folder.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:25:26 pm

Sure it can- you would simply use the Web Access settings for file instead of html. Not easy and prone to breakage but it can be done. That said, these files will be only readable on a Computer- a DVD player will do nothing with them.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:36:12 pm

What apps allow you to author a disc and access a file from a DVD menu? Or am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:57:20 pm

It's directly within DVDSP- you use the web access html properties for a jump to link. then instead of specifying the html page you want to link to you use file://. Then create a virtual pathway to the DVD_ROM folder on the disc. Works for me though to be honest I haven't done one in years...

Noah

Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 27, 2009 at 10:29:14 pm

This really is a dead feature, it is not supported, does not run well on windows, Unless these is for Mac only distribution I would stay clear of DVD@ccess or any web/file content from a DVD menu.

Build a director/flash app that is just on the DVD and tell people it is there in a DVD menu, but no linking to it.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 28, 2009 at 3:24:39 pm

Not dead but definitely a rare breed.

Noah

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 28, 2009 at 5:11:54 pm

They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]