FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio Pro Madness

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alistair McGee
Studio Pro Madness
on Oct 26, 2009 at 8:34:02 am

Hi,

I have recently completed a project in FCP and exported to compressor and then taken this into Studio Pro. Created my disc and such burned it to DVD. When I watched it backed in DVD player it all seemed fine.

However handed a copy over to my brother to watch, he said that the DVD stops in random places saying it can not read from the DVD. And begins stuttering. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening and how to fix?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Jurgen Hoppe
Re: Studio Pro Madness
on Oct 26, 2009 at 5:12:30 pm

The internet is full with similar issues. Most of the time it is a media problem. Some DVD players prefer certain kind of discs. Some DVD player wouldn't play smoothly discs recorded faster than 4X. Check your disc on a third player, burn a different brand of disc not faster than 4X and see what happens.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 27, 2009 at 8:27:09 am

Personally I think high overall bitrates are the biggest cause of faulty discs. What was your bitrate and did you use AC3 audio?

Return to posts index

Alistair McGee
on Oct 27, 2009 at 8:50:29 am

Going to try and send the whole project back through compressor again and see if it was a problem at this point which causes the stuttering. I will also try burning at 4x speed as I think studio pro is automatically set to highest possible.

Its even more annoying as the DVD seems to work fine on random DVD players, both a really cheap DVD player and a high end one were fine but then a sony dvd player and x-box dvd player struggled.

I am not totally sure what the bitrate is as i am using compressors automatic settings for DVD compression. And in response to the make of DVD's I am using TDK's which I thought were fairly good.

Any other ideas???

Return to posts index

Andrew Ford
on Oct 27, 2009 at 6:44:37 pm

Try lowering the bitrate a bit and make sure audio is .ac3 instead of .aif or something else.

---------------------------------------------
Always design with a purpose.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 27, 2009 at 7:07:09 pm

Well you just might consider learning how to read what your bitrate settings are since its the most important part of making a DVD. Look in the Inspector. And Use AC3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]