FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD in movie theater?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Fass
DVD in movie theater?
on Oct 19, 2009 at 3:52:23 pm

Do any movie theaters have the ability to show a DVD? Is this impossible/uncommon? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: DVD in movie theater?
on Oct 19, 2009 at 8:02:28 pm

Most theaters around my area (SF Bay Area) use digital projectors for the content that loops before the movies starts, and then they switch to film. I would think a DVD could be payed back fairly easily form a technical standpoint. I have been to events that rented movie theaters and they have played back video from DVD and computer sources, so I'm sure it is just a matter of theater setup and how yours are configured.

http://www.mstproductions.com
(925) 380-1977

Return to posts index

Philip Fass
on Oct 19, 2009 at 8:30:52 pm

Thanks. I won't feel awkward about asking them now.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 19, 2009 at 8:48:39 pm

That said I've seen many a DVD playback crash and burn. A better solution is bring your laptop and play H.264 DVI to HDMI on the projector.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, and Panasonic DVX100.
Call Box Training
DSLR Cinematography Blog

Return to posts index

Philip Fass
on Oct 19, 2009 at 9:23:27 pm

Yup, I could do that, too. Meanwhile, I'm waiting to be told if they do anything other than film. (Theater's in a small community.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]