Is it normal to have a render time of 180hours+ when trying to author a bluray disc using DVDA 5?
Quad Core Q8200 2.3Ghz
5200rpm 1TB hard disk
the video file is approx 15gb, 2hrs 4mins in total. I've made 18 chapters using dvda5.
The video file was rendered in Vegas Studio 9, AVCHD 1920 x 1080 video stream 16mbs with separate AC3 audio track.
I was hoping that DVDA would not have to render the file again as bluray can use AVC file format as far as i know. I did notice that the bit rate of the Vegas render was 16mbs whereas DVDA was trying to output at 18MBS. I've since changed the output to 16MBS but am still getting outrageous render times from DVDA. 180hrs or so.
I've got a 4hrs 23 min HD video with 5.1 surround sound. The file took Vegas 21 hours to render. I've got DVDA 5.2 rendering it at the moments with it's menu pages, background video, animated thumbnails and all and it's telling me it will take 122 hours to complete. This seems outrageous to me. It's been rendering now for over 5 hours. The timers are working and the program is not frozen, but I've been keeping an eye on it and the progress bars have sat still at 2% and 5% for the past hour and a half.
If you're still on this forum I'd like to know if it ever completed for you after 180hrs.
The trick is to bring compliant audio and video files into DVDA. Once that's taken care of, the only elements that will require re-encoding by DVDA are any page that contain buttons and text added withing DVDA.
In the end my project only took DVDA 4:30 hours to complete and not the estimated 122 hours.