FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for someone in the UK to test a "PAL" DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Martin
Looking for someone in the UK to test a "PAL" DVD
on Oct 12, 2009 at 8:32:29 pm

Hello my bovine friends from across the pond!

Thanks for those who responded to my post last week about this topic. My company is a US based corporate video production company and I have a client that has asked me to shoot and edit a program while they are here in the US. But the DVD will ultimately need to be played back in the UK.

I have created a test DVD that I believe is a PAL DVD. In fact, I can't play it at all in a standard DVD player in my office. It does play on my Mac.

So I'm looking for someone in Europe to check my test DVD. If you are willing, please contact me via the COW or my website: http://www.OmniNewMedia.com and I will send one to you!

Many many thanks,
Steve

Production is fun - but lets not forget: Nobody ever died on the video table!

Return to posts index

Nigel Beaumont
Re: Looking for someone in the UK to test a "PAL" DVD
on Oct 12, 2009 at 8:38:51 pm

Be happy to check this out for you - I've emailed address to your business.
Nigel

Nigel Beaumont

MBP 2.53 FCS 2 FCP 6.0.6 Aja IO black cables, shiny firewire drives

"Ofcourse it'll be finished in time for tx"

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Looking for someone in the UK to test a "PAL" DVD
on Oct 12, 2009 at 8:44:03 pm

FYI, you should be able to do most of the basic testing on a computer, just about all computers are NTSC/PAL enabled. So you can do all the navigation test yourself.

But you are a wise, wise man to get someone to proof the video on a TV over there if you don't have one here. But that is all they really need to do, to make sure the conversion looks okay.

I use to have a PAL player but some took it, I have a 9" production monitor that plays PAL just no player.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]